A mini excavator auger is an attachment that allows you to drill holes in the ground with your mini excavator.
Maximum digging depth: 3140mm
Engine: Yanmar (Customizable)
Applicable Industries: Farms, Machinery Repair Shops, Manufacturing Plants, Energy & Mining, Home Use, Retail, Building Material Shops, Construction works
Excavator auger attachment
The auger drill installed on the excavator is a new type of high-efficiency hole-forming construction machine. It is easy to install and has a complete range of models. It is suitable for installation on large, medium, and small-wheeled, chain excavators, loaders, and tractors.
- It uses the flexibility of the excavators walking and turning to realize efficient and fast drilling;
- One machine with multiple functions greatly improves work efficiency;
- Easy to move, suitable for various terrains;
- One person can operate, and the drilling can be carried out when the car arrives at the hole;
- Powerful engines and perfectly matched hydraulics provide efficient, economical, and reliable performance for the toughest of jobs.
Contact us to get the price of the hydraulic earth auger for construction equipment.
How do I choose an auger for my mini excavator?
If you do not know how to choose an auger for your mini excavator, you should consider these 3 factors:
- The drive unit’s power and torque should be compatible with your mini excavator’s hydraulic system.
- The auger bit should be suitable for the material you’ll be drilling and the desired hole size.
- The mounting system of the auger attachment should fit your mini excavator’s mounting plate or quick coupler.
How do I maintain my mini excavator auger?
The maintenance of the mini excavator auger is very important for the service life.
- Check the hydraulic system of your mini excavator regularly for leaks, cracks, or damage. Make sure the hoses, fittings, and couplers are in good condition and securely attached.
- Clean the auger bit after each use to remove soil and debris. You can use a wire brush or a pressure washer to do this. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasives that can damage the bit.
- Inspect the auger bit for wear and tear. Look for signs of bent, broken, or missing teeth, flighting, or pilot. Replace any damaged parts as soon as possible to prevent further damage or injury.
- Lubricate the auger drive unit according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Use the recommended grease or oil to keep the bearings, gears, and seals running smoothly.
- Store the auger attachment in a dry and secure place when not in use. Cover the auger bit with a protective cap or cloth to prevent rust or corrosion.
How do I troubleshoot common problems with my mini excavator auger?
Low drilling speed or power
This can be caused by low hydraulic pressure, incorrect auger bit size, or worn or damaged auger teeth. To troubleshoot this, you can check the hydraulic system of your mini excavator for leaks, cracks, or damage. You can also make sure the auger bit matches the material and hole size you’re drilling.
Auger bit stuck in the ground
This can happen if you force the auger too hard, drill in rocky or hard soil, or encounter an underground obstacle. To troubleshoot this, you can try to reverse the auger rotation and pull it out slowly. You can also use a pry bar or a chain to help loosen the auger bit. If the auger bit is still stuck, you may need to dig around it or call for professional assistance.
Auger attachment not working
This can be due to a faulty connection, a broken coupler, or a damaged drive unit. To troubleshoot this, you can check the connection between the auger attachment and the mini excavator’s hydraulic system. You can also inspect the coupler and the drive unit for cracks, bends, or breaks. If you find any problem, you should repair or replace the faulty part as soon as possible.